- what are cookies?
- Types of cookies
- How to manage your cookies?
1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on the hard disk of your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. The cookie is placed on your device by the website itself ("first party cookies") or by partners of the website ("third party cookies"). The cookie identifies your device by a unique identification number when you return to the website and collects information about your browsing behaviour.
We make a difference between necessary cookies and non-necessary cookies. Necessary cookies are essential for our website to function properly. Non-necessary cookies are functional, analytical, and marketing cookies.
2. Types of cookies
We distinguish the following types of cookies, according to their purposes:
- Essential/strictly necessary cookies: are cookies that do not store any personally identifiable information, but that are necessary for the website to function. They cannot be disabled in our systems. These cookies enable you, for example, to navigate between the different parts of the website, to fill out forms or to download preferable content.
- Non-essential cookies: These cookies are not necessary for the website to function, but they do help us to offer an improved and personalized website experience.
- Functional cookies: We share data with trusted partners to analyse your website behavior. This way, we’ll be able to improve your website experience. These cookies enable the website to offer improved functionality and personalization. They can be installed by us or external suppliers. This includes that cookies help to remember your language preference and your customer segment.
- Analytical cookies: With these cookies, we can track visits and traffic so that we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to determine which pages are the most and the least popular and how visitors move through the site.
- Marketing cookies: These cookies can be set by our advertising partners via our site. They can be used by those companies to create a profile of your interests and tailor displayed advertisements to your interests. They help us show you personalized advertisements and marketing content, based on your behaviour. We‘ll only show content that we think will be of your interest.
The following cookies are grouped per provider and are written down as follows: cookie name - type - expiry - purpose:
- Collect - Pixel - Session - Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
- _ga - HTTP - 2 years - Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- _gat - HTTP - 1 day - Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.
- _gid - HTTP - 1 day - Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- ads/ga-audiences - Pixel - Session - Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor's online behaviour across websites.
- _insp_dct - HTTP - Session - Registers statistical data on users' behaviour on the website. Used for internal analytics by the website operator.
- _insp_targlpt - HTTP - 1 year - This cookie is used to remember login information, which optimizes the visitors experience on the website.
- _insp_targlpu - HTTP - 1 year - Registers statistical data on users' behaviour on the website. Used for internal analytics by the website operator.
- bcookie - HTTP - 2 years - Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.
- bscookie - HTTP - 2 years - Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.
- lang - HTTP - Session - Set by LinkedIn when a web page contains an embedded "follow us" panel.
- lidc - HTTP - 1 day - Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.
- UserMatchHistory - HTTP - 29 days - Used to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisement based of the visitor's preferences.
- lang - HTTP - Session - Remembers the user's selected language version of a website
- fr - HTTP - 3 months - Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisements products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers. It's used to deliver, measure and improve the relevance of advertisements.
- tr - Pixel - session - Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisements products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers. It's used to deliver, measure and improve the relevance of advertisements.
3. How to manage your cookies
You can manage your cookie preference at any time by clicking on the ‘Cookie Preferences’ link available on every web page. Furthermore, we point out that web browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings can be found in the 'Options' or 'Preferences' menu of your web browser.
The following links will give you more information on how to manage your cookies. You can also consult the "help" tab of your browser.
- How to delete and manage cookies in Internet Explorer
- How to delete and manage cookies in Mozilla Firefox
- How to delete and manage cookies in Chrome
- How to delete and manage cookies in Safari
For further information on the collection of data when using our website, please head over to our Privacy Statement.
Who we are and how to contact us:
We’re always available to answer any questions.
Ghelamco Arena - Ottergemsesteenweg-Zuid 808b 302
Enterprise number: 0845.561.272
Phone: +32 9 224 08 00