But, before you start
In the Endare design team, we expect you to be hungry for visual knowledge and to be prepared for a future yet to be written. The nature of our projects and clients provide you with a trendy mix of different end-users and technologies to learn from. Even though you might be a hex nerd and visual expresser, don't be frightened by the high tech nature of our end products. At Endare, we work as a team, one entity that supports and pushes every member to his or her limits. So get ready to become part of this awesome team!
The main focus of the internship is working in support of the development team and delivering clear visioned concepts to our customers. You will be working closely together with and learning from a variety of profiles, ranging from highly skilled front-end developers to demanding customer success managers. At the end of your internship, you'll be able to communicate your vision clearly and adapt to the technical level of your audience. Skills that will come in handy in many future tasks.
But, more about the awesome team awaiting for you later, let's focus on the main reason you want to become a UX and UI designer: the visual product. Are you triggered by bad design? We too! So, let's do something about it.
To get started you'll need some basic skills:
- Experience with or basic knowledge of an UI design tool such as Sketch or Adobe XD. The team uses an Adobe workflow so be prepared to get to know the Creative Cloud better than your significant other.
- An eye for detail. A difference in font? Is the kerning off? Is the end product accessible, even for people with visual disabilities? As a UX/UI designer at Endare, we expect you to notice when something's off before anyone else does. So rest assured that, at the end of your internship, you will never be able to enjoy a mediocre design again.
- You have a fascination with people's behavior. Where do they look when using your product? How can you identify your target audience and set your goals straight? User Experience Design is more than a happy path, surely you secretly love anthropology. We won't tell anyone.
- Learn the jargon. Personas, CTA, target audience,... Let's talk clearly with each other. After your internship, you'll be able to talk like a real expert.
Your skills are surely reflected in your toolbelt. These are the main tools we expect you to master at the end of your internship:
- Adobe XD is our main UI design tool and is used for quick wireframes and high fidelity mockups.
- Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Illustrator are tools we use for asset creation.
- Adobe After Effects is our main go-to for animation design.
- Post-its and non-digital media are used when we need a step back and to brainstorm and communicate ideas. You will know how to make a clear mind-map or flowchart to visualise the most complex systems.
Still with us? Great! There is still one more thing... As mentioned before we expect you to adapt to all kinds of technical people. That is why having technical knowledge is a major benefit. We're still in the high tech industry so love and admiration for it is a nice to have. Although we are a supportive team, we expect you to know the difference between a native and a hybrid app and know their limitations at the end of your internship. Knowing the basics of code (mostly front-end) is a real win that might just be needed to live up to our customer's standards.
Now, is this the internship you are looking for? Then don't hesitate to meet us! We're more than happy to have a chat. You can drop your contact info down below and we'll keep in touch.
Internships during pandemics
Due to the current situation with the coronavirus, we would also like to tell you that our entire working flow has changed. We regularly work from home in order to respect the corona measures. But from now on, working remotely will be part of our policy permanently. If you want to know more about our new way of working, feel free to read this blog post. Your and our safety will be assured during all internship related tasks, let's beat this as a team!
Check out our Instagram to get a look behind the scenes!